- Build a Dalek. Go here for the blueprints but don't blame me when it comes to life and kills all of humanity
- Elephant Appreciation Week. As long time readers would know I do have a soft spot for elephants and this week has been elephant appreciation week. The highlight of this has been finding this place
The Elephant Sanctuary in Hohenwald, Tennessee, is the nation's largest natural-habitat refuge developed specifically to meet the needs of endangered elephants. It is designed specifically for old, sick or needy elephants who have been retired from zoos and circuses. Our residents are not required to perform or entertain for the public; instead, they are encouraged to live like elephants.
and as crap as it is that we need places like this, its a bit great that they exist. Why not become a member for a paltry $30 and make this elephant even happier
- Melbourne Fringe As we all know I do love a fringe and have picked some highlights out previously. The quite excellent Steph Brotchie has guest posted her highlights on the equally excellent Lisa Dempsters blog. If you only see one thing see Tali Nevilles For whom the bell tolls. I saw last years show and it was excellent. Her website is here
- Somethings don't need a title
- while some can never be adequately explained